The White House (department store)
id:
the-white-house-department-store-171-16048361
title:
The White House (department store)
text:
The White House was the first department store in San Francisco; it opened in 1854 and closed in 1965. It was originally named Davidson & Lane, then J.W. Davidson & Company, and finally, in 1870, when it moved to a large new building, took the name "The White House". In 1885, Lane retired, and Raphael Weill (1837-1920) continued with his brother, Henry Weill, Eugene Gallvis and Albert Roullier as partners. All four were Jewish and French by birth. Raphael Weill, who came to San Francisco in 1855
brand slug:
wiki
category slug:
encyclopedia
description:
San Francisco department store, 1854–1965
original url:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_House_(department_store)
date created:
2021-07-27T14:57:23Z
date modified:
2024-09-01T13:43:50Z
main entity:
{"identifier":"Q108044442","url":"https://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q108044442"}
image:
fields total:
13
integrity:
15