Dog and Duck, St George's Fields
id:
dog-and-duck-st-george-s-fields-262-17697244
title:
Dog and Duck, St George's Fields
text:
The Dog and Duck was a tavern built upon St George's Fields in London in the 17th century. It was named after the sport of duck-baiting, that took place in adjacent wetland. In the 18th century its gardens were used as a spa but, by the 1770s, with spas no longer fashionable, it declined into a rowdy location for concerts. The magistrates refused to renew its licence, despite protracted legal disputes, and it closed in 1799. The building was then used as a School for the Indigent Blind and demol
brand slug:
wiki
category slug:
encyclopedia
description:
17th century London tavern
original url:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_and_Duck,_St_George%27s_Fields
date created:
date modified:
2024-02-26T17:59:24Z
main entity:
{"identifier":"Q15214448","url":"https://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q15214448"}
image:
{"content_url":"https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Dog_and_Duck_tavern.jpg","width":321,"height":209}
fields total:
13
integrity:
15